Yesterday a friend and I decided to have dinner at Friday’s – the Avenues. We sat down and started looking at the menu when she noticed the prices were higher. We checked some of the meals we usually order and noticed an increase in prices in almost everything. So I called the waiter and the following conversation took place..
- Me: Have you increased your prices?
- Waiter: Yes ma’am we did.
- Me: What’s the reason for that?
- Waiter: I don’t know ma’am it’s from the management.
- Me: Did the food portions change?
- Waiter: No ma’am the portions are the same.
- Me: The meals are all the same? No change in recipes?
- Waiter: No ma’am.
Based on that, we decided to leave. My friend explained to the waiter that we refuse to support such an unexplained price increase by simply not minding to pay it.
- Me: Please let the management know the reason we are leaving is because of your increased prices.
- Waiter: Ok ma’am.
So.. Increasing prices for no reason + not notifying the costumers of this price increase.
Friday’s was one of our favorite restaurants and now they lost 2 customers. Way to go.