A seminar by Lee Cockerell, former Executive Vice President of Operations for the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort in Florida.
- Date: 18 May 2014
- Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Venue: Hilton Kuwait Resort
More info. on the seminar’s topics of discussion, who should attend, and registration here
The 3rd Qout market -and first of 2014- will be taking place tomorrow Saturday Jan. 4th at Al Raya Center’s Car Park rooftop from 10 am – 7pm.
The charity petting zoo is back and will be open all day, @FSRI will be hosting an entire lane of children’s activities for their nonprofit, and @AsnanTower will have a charity kitchen featuring local celebrities and chefs raising money for the hungry.
Lots of delicious things to experience, try, and buy. Look for the ATM machine by the Qout Market welcome desk along with a water station to keep you hydrated while you shop. Don’t forget to grab your locally made, hand-printed Qout Market tote bag. This month’s illustration is the eggplant!
Pecha Kucha is an event where creatives gather and share their ideas. 9 speakers will present random presentations in the 20×20 format; 20 photos,each photo will show for 20 seconds.
- When: Tonight, June 26,2013 at 7:00 pm
- Where: Amricani Cultral Center – Gulf Road
Twitter and Instagram @Pechkucha_Q8
See you there!
A couple of weeks ago Al Ghanim held a huge event at the ice skating rink to celebrate their newest collaboration with Honda. The event featured many shows from traditional Kuwaiti performers to Japanese drummers to visual symphonies -my favorite part- to laser shows. Plus a demo by Honda’s most advanced robot Asimo. And a great surprise performance by hussain Al Jasmi at the end.
Here are the photos..
And here’s a look behind the scenes of the event
It’s the last Pretty Little things show of the year so you better not miss it!
The Too Cool For School show will include the following brands (with their Instagram accounts):
- Saudi casual wear label LaSuna @lasunaclothing
- Bahraini brand of art scarves, Annada @annadaonline
- Saudi mixed media artist, @FidaArt
- Cairo-based, Harvey Nichols London stocked Dima Jewelry @dimarashid5
- Bahraini line of luxe botanical beauty products, Green Bar Inc @greenbarinc
- Saudi label that needs no introduction, coming with some beautiful summer kaftans Razan Al Azzouni @razanalazzouni
- London based accessories brand, Aamaya By Priyanka Lugani @aamayapriyanka
- Mashmoom Concept Store, @mashmoom
- The New UNcreatives, a soon-to-be-launched concept store with super cool one-off items from around the world @studionuns
- Rola’s Beauty Lounge, with live beauty demonstrations, @rolasbeautylounge
- Muneera Al Sharhan, the Rhode Island School of Design graduate, with an art installation/new collection, @mhsq8
- Au Nom De La Rose, who will be making fresh flower crowns, Jasmine necklaces, and selling candles/flowers, @aunomdelarose
- Villa Des Fleurs, the most innovative flower concept store – surprise installation, @vdfkw
- Al Sarraf Decor, the local shop known for their dazzling variety of wallpaper- they will be launching their new house ware selection, @alsarrafdecor
- Dana Al Hilal, a co-founder of Nuqat will be participating with her beautiful paintings, @danabananaz
- Bohemiah, a newly launched modern bohemian clothing line, @bohemiah
- Red Sofa, a mix of modern and vintage hand painted plates, coffee cups, incense burners, side tables and more, @redsofa_
- Moni & J, luxury handbags, @moniandj
- Je La La, a fine jewelry line created by Lulwa Al Terkait, established in 2009, @jelalajewelry
- Ooba, a Kuwaiti line specialized in hand made goods, cross stitching, and linens @ooba_
To stay updated with the event you can join the Facebook page or browse #MayPLT on Instagram
Crocs have recently launched the latest retro collection in a funky 70s-inspired event at their Avenues mall store. There were people dressed in 70s costumes, a disco ball, voucher giveaways, and even Fish Fayce was ready with humongous hair wigs, feather scarves, and retro glasses.
Enjoyed the fun atmosphere ❤
Here’s the retro collection..
Crocs turn out to be very photogenic, don’t you think?
The fun invite I received prior to the event