Re-cast is an architectural photography exhibition organized by CAP and sponsored by Pace. The exhibition showcases the works of local architects who have all undergone a 5-day workshop under the guidance of Samer Yamani and Gunnar Knechtel, where buildings were documented, assessed, and manipulated to create an entirely new perspective of the architecture. Some of the works displayed were truly fascinating. I’ve always thought that nothing can capture the personality of a building like a good picture can, and this was exactly the case here.
McDonald’s Kuwait is pleased to announce the a fun photography contest called “My McDonald’s” starting on Jan. 10. 2013 till Jan. 26. 2013.
The competition, that is open to all individuals in the State of Kuwait, and will be a platform to showcase their creativity and talent by using either their smartphones or digital cameras. Participants will be asked to capture their best McDonald’s experience (a family picture at a restaurant, a sunset behind a store, their favorite meal etc.)
SUBMITTING YOUR PHOTO
In order to be eligible for the smartphone contests users can:
- Submit up to 2 photos taken with their smartphone per week
- Submissions must take place on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- They must submit the photo with their name, contact number, and type of camera they used in order to be eligible.
Once they have been submitted, all photos for that week will be posted on the McDonald’s Arabia Instagram page under the hashtag #mymcdonaldskw and in the album titled “My McDonald’s Kuwait” on the McDonald’s Arabia Facebook page.
VOTING FOR YOUR FAVORITE
– Voting will take place from Sunday to Tuesday of every week on McDonald’s Arabia Facebook page and Instagram
- 3 weekly winners with the most “Likes” (between both Facebook and Instagram) will be announced every Wednesday
- A Nikon D5200 DSLR cameras will be awarded to each weekly winner
- For digital camera users, each participant will have between Jan. 10 to Jan. 26 to submit their best 2 photos to email@example.com
- At the end of the month a grand prize will be awarded to the top 3 photos.
- Judging panel will consist of prominent Kuwaiti photographers: Abdul Aziz Al Asousi, Majed Al Zaabi and Faisal Al Bisher.
- Three photos will be chosen for a grand prize.
1st Place: 2000 KWD
2nd Place: 1000 KWD
3rd Place: 500 KWD
The winners of these prizes will be announced at an awards ceremony on February 2nd 2013.
Ikelite cases are now being distributed in Kuwait by Techsys. The best part is that you don’t have to be a professional photographer with an expensive camera to use them. They have a variety of cases not only for DSLRs but for digital cameras as well. In addition to video cameras.
They come for different brands such as Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Fuji, and Panasonic. Each camera model has its own case.
Great for diving trips. Check them out here
If you do, you can support the photographer by voting for his photo in the contest held by the National Union of Kuwaiti Students (NUKS) in the US.
This link will take you directly to the photo on Facebook, just click “like”
Blogging friend AlJalawi is having a photo challenge of photographing the things you usually use on a daily basis. I’m already planning to participate and thought I’d share it here for anyone who would be interested.
View the challenge on AlJalawi’s blog