I finally went and checked out the newly opened Jumeirah Messilah Beach hotel last night. And after having a walk around the place my friend and I decided to have dinner at Pepper steakhouse, one of the hotel’s 4 restaurants.
From what I’ve gathered, the restaurant’s theme is the forest. Columns wrapper with trees, an illuminated lake in the center, tree log tables, and a gorgeous flower chandelier, which was my absolute favorite part! I took dozens of photos of that chandelier alone.
The drinks: Sky Blue (above) and pineapple Mojito (below).
Complimentary appetizer: Halloumi tomatoes with pesto. This was YUM.
While we waited for the main course, I took a look upstairs. Second floor isn’t open yet though.
Just look how gorgeous the chandelier is upclose! The petals are covered with crystals.
The main course: Spring chicken (above), Pumpkin risotto (below).
Yes, we go into a steakhouse and order chicken and risotto. Not usually big fans of steak. But still couldn’t resist the magnificent interiors.
The food was good. Only needed some kind of a signature taste though.
Pepper is located in Jumeirah Messilah beach, basement floor.
The “camel hump” hijab or the “bu tafkha” like we call it in Arabic has made it onto NY’s Wall Street Journal. The report makes it seem like a new craze in Dubai even though it has been there for years now. At least in Kuwait it has. But I think the Dubai version is way higher? These women have a whole new head on top of their heads!
Click on the photo or here to watch the full report.
It’s the last Pretty Little things show of the year so you better not miss it!
The Too Cool For School show will include the following brands (with their Instagram accounts):
- Saudi casual wear label LaSuna @lasunaclothing
- Bahraini brand of art scarves, Annada @annadaonline
- Saudi mixed media artist, @FidaArt
- Cairo-based, Harvey Nichols London stocked Dima Jewelry @dimarashid5
- Bahraini line of luxe botanical beauty products, Green Bar Inc @greenbarinc
- Saudi label that needs no introduction, coming with some beautiful summer kaftans Razan Al Azzouni @razanalazzouni
- London based accessories brand, Aamaya By Priyanka Lugani @aamayapriyanka
- Mashmoom Concept Store, @mashmoom
- The New UNcreatives, a soon-to-be-launched concept store with super cool one-off items from around the world @studionuns
- Rola’s Beauty Lounge, with live beauty demonstrations, @rolasbeautylounge
- Muneera Al Sharhan, the Rhode Island School of Design graduate, with an art installation/new collection, @mhsq8
- Au Nom De La Rose, who will be making fresh flower crowns, Jasmine necklaces, and selling candles/flowers, @aunomdelarose
- Villa Des Fleurs, the most innovative flower concept store – surprise installation, @vdfkw
- Al Sarraf Decor, the local shop known for their dazzling variety of wallpaper- they will be launching their new house ware selection, @alsarrafdecor
- Dana Al Hilal, a co-founder of Nuqat will be participating with her beautiful paintings, @danabananaz
- Bohemiah, a newly launched modern bohemian clothing line, @bohemiah
- Red Sofa, a mix of modern and vintage hand painted plates, coffee cups, incense burners, side tables and more, @redsofa_
- Moni & J, luxury handbags, @moniandj
- Je La La, a fine jewelry line created by Lulwa Al Terkait, established in 2009, @jelalajewelry
- Ooba, a Kuwaiti line specialized in hand made goods, cross stitching, and linens @ooba_
To stay updated with the event you can join the Facebook page or browse #MayPLT on Instagram
Luscious have recently launched their retro collection in a 60′s-inspired event at their shop in Tijariya tower – M2 floor. Check out the photos.
Follow Luscious on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter
I’ve been hearing about how extravagant the Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel is going to be once it opens and after seeing Confashion’s exclusive sneak peek gallery (Including the photo above) I think the new 5-star hotel will live right up to its early reputation. Soft opening date? 7 May 2013
This guy right here, Omar Borkan Al Gala, is a fashion photographer and actor who was one of three Emirati guys that were allegedly escorted out of a carnival in Riyadh-Saudi Arabia for being so handsome that the religious police feared they would make the women go bonkers.
Here are more photos.
Continuing their mission in spreading happiness around Kuwait, Al Nowair are holding a fun Instagram competition. Check out the details below!